WHILE THE REST of the country prayed for snow this season, Big Sky was rolling in the powder. But awesome snow was just part of what made the '11/'12 winter season at Big Sky so rad. Check out what season highlights made our top ten:
8) The Glade-iators. New glades Shady Chute, Wolf Den, Wolverine, Congo Line, and Madagascar upped the anti for tree skiing on Andesite mountain.
10) Spring Powder and Corn Snow. Intermixed with several epic pow days, warm temperatures in March and April made for the best spring corn snow in years.
9) Christmas Present Powder. While Colorado and California resorts thirsted for snow, Big Sky got dumped on right before Christmas, making for an epic holiday week.
7) Cole Bixby’s Mullet. Enough said.
6) Tim Cowie rips a bulletproof Big Couloir. Just watch how fast he goes… (1:26)
5) Dave Stergar’s 26 Tram Laps. Stergar took full advantage of being stranded on Tram Island when the Triple chair went on wind hold one day, and clocked it with his Big Sky Replay app.
4) Chamberlin Rail Jam. The Crystal Method and Atmosphere rocked Big Sky in two consecutive outdoor concerts.
2) April 7 Surprise Powder Day – Chest deep on the North Summit and Liberty Bowl. Can you say face shots?
3) Bikini Babes go Spring Skiing. Sun’s out, guns out for Big Sky locals.
1) Pond Skim. A tetris-piece-shaped pond, bluebird skies, and 100 costumed skimmers. Best Pond Skim ever.